The significance of spiritual aspects in the management of chronic pain will be described (Part A), and a screening tool will be developed (Part B). An e-learning tool focusing on pain and spirituality will be developed for communication training purposes between healthcare professionals and patients (Part C). The efficacy of the tool will be evaluated with respect to both initial and more advanced training with the participation of various training institutes.
The study has two goals. Firstly, the significance of the spiritual dimension in medical treatment and nursing will be investigated in chronic pain patients and an appropriate surveying tool will be developed. Secondly, an e-learning tool will be developed for communication between healthcare professionals and patients, and its efficacy assessed.
Prof. S. Peng Keller, Theological Faculty, University of Zürich
- Prof. M. Rufer, Psychiatrische Poliklinik Universitätsspital Zürich;
- Prof. N. Biller-Andorno, Institut für Biomedizinische Ethik und Medizingeschichte;
- Dr. A. Bischoff, Haute école de santé Fribourg
- Prof. R. Spirig, Abteilung Klinische Pflegewissenschaft, Universitätspital Zürich.
- Prof. S. Guttormsen, Institute for Medical Education (Lead project)
Health professionals, pre- and post graduates.
Prof. Dr. phil. Sissel Guttormsen (Lead Part C, eLearning)
Dr. med. et MME Daniel Bauer
Dr. med. et MME Beate Brem
Felix Schmitz (PhD student)
Dr. med. et MME Kai Schnabel